The Council resurrected the Vail Local Housing Authority in 2001 after a seven-year absence.
The five-member volunteer board meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of every month at 3pm.
The VLHA is responsible for:
- VLHA Budget approval
- Coordinating with Town of Vail staff on housing initiatives
- Recommendations to Town Council for strategic long-term planning
The VLHA places a special emphasis on affordable housing initiatives and works to ensure there is deed restricted housing for at least 30% of Vail’s workforce in Vail. Examples of the VLHA’s activities include:
- Acting as special agent for the Town of Vail, the VLHA was instrumental in the development of Middle Creek Village Apartments, a 142-unit affordable rental development. The development also includes the 4,500 square foot Children’s Garden of Learning.
- On behalf of the Town, the VLHA selected the developer and oversaw development of the Arosa Duplex, Vail’s only LEED Silver Certified affordable housing.
- The VLHA has provided policy recommendations on a variety of housing topics to the Town Council including the adoption of Vail Housing Policy Statements.
- Steve Lindstrom, Chairman (2025)
- Dan Godec (2026)
- Craig Denton (2027)
- Kristin Williams (2023)
- James Wilkins (2024)