The Vail Trailblazer Award is presented to recognize an individual, couple or team that exemplifies the spirit and fortitude in making Vail a great community through one or more actions that make a lasting impact. Recipients will be recognized for their pioneering contributions of time and talent, courage, leadership, vision and commitment in their endeavor to enhance Vail’s social, recreational, cultural, educational and environmental values that define the community.
- Individual, couple or team should live, work, own a business or own property in Vail with the recognized activities centered in Vail. Selection criteria will be evaluated on:
- One or more actions that have made a significant contribution to the overall betterment of the community.
- Actions should demonstrate pioneering contributions of time and talent, courage, leadership, vision and commitment to enhance Vail’s social, recreational, cultural, educational and environmental values that define the community.
- Contributions need not be limited to achievements immediately preceding the year of the award but may be cumulative over a period of years.
The Vail Trailblazer Award will be presented on an annual basis. The nomination schedule is outlined below:
- Nominations will be collected from the community through Jan. 6.
- Submissions will be reviewed by a committee appointed by the Vail Town Council.
- The recipient(s) will be recognized during a luncheon as well as the Town of Vail Annual Community Meeting in March in which a recognition plaque will be presented. A cumulative Honor Roll plaque will be dedicated to hang in the Vail Town Council Chambers.
- The recognition will be formalized by a Mayoral Proclamation adopted by the Vail Town Council.
- Submit your nominations for the Trailblazer Award
Trailblazer Award Recipients
The Trailblazer Award was created as a legacy project when the Town of Vail was preparing to celebrate its 50th birthday on August 23, 2016. A Town Council committee was formed to develop the idea and select the first recipient of the award. Recipients have included Dr. Thomas Steinberg (2016), Vi and Byron Brown (2017), Sheika and Pepi Gramshammer (2018), Glenn Porzak (2019), Joseph Staufer (2020), Sally & Bill Hanlon (2021) and Terry Minger (2022).